Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM) is a robust enterprise backup and recovery system that facilitates the backup and recovery of enterprise data, contributing to your Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) strategy. It is part of the Microsoft System Center family of products.
It provides application-aware backup of Microsoft workloads, including SQL Server, Exchange, and more.
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to protect and recover data using Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2022.
- Basic working knowledge of administrating and configuring Windows Server 2016 and later platforms
- Networking knowledge is recommended
SyllabusPlease check the syllabus tab above. ☝
- Plan a DPM deployment.
- Install and configure DPM and the protection agent.
- Protect basic workloads with DPM
- Protect client workstations with DPM
- Protect enterprise applications Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint Services and virtual machines using DPM.
- Backup and recovery of data with DPM servers.
- Backup and restore system state and bare metal recovery with DPM servers.
- Backup and restore Hyper-V virtual machines
- Using generic VSS provider backup and restore
- Enable end user recovery tools for the file system and SQL databases
- Protect and Recovery DPM Servers
- Identify and resolve problems with DPM servers, protection agents, and protected data.
Manoj S. Mahajan
Senior IT trainer, Owner
25+ years experience, Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) and VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) with many certifications completed.View profile...